What are mini implants?
Mini implants hold dentures in place by attaching the lower denture to the heads of titanium implant screws. Many times, these mini screw implants can be placed and the denture snapped into place during the same visit.
Narrower implants may be used for small teeth and incisors. In addition, a narrower implant may best serve patients who require stabilization of lower jaw dentures, pre-molar teeth, or a missing tooth that was located in a narrow area.
The mini implant procedure in Mosman, Sydney
The procedure is faster than that for a conventional implant. Due to their size, they can little or no discomfort and are placed directly into the jawbone.
You will be given a local anesthetic to start with. The dentist at Aussie Smile Dentist will then drill a small hole in the jawbone to create a place for the implant.
Considering the size of the implant, a small ‘finger driver’ or screwdriver will be used for the insertion, and then a ratchet wrench to place the implant.
Your denture will be marked in a series of ‘points’ to show the position of the implants, followed by the drilling of each of these points.
Each of these points will contain a metal attachment which can snap on and off the denture. The dentist will adjust this and also show you how to do it.
Placing the implant usually takes around an hour. Because this is such a quick procedure you will be able to eat a light meal after it’s done.
Why Choose Mini Dental Implants?
- 1- Implant is placed straight into the jawbone
- 2- The treatment takes up to an hour
- 3- Minimum trauma involved when placing the implant
- 4- Mini implants are approximately half the width of their traditional counterparts
- 5- Immediate function of your dental implants
- 6- Patients resume normal activities, almost immediately
- 7- Mini implants are more affordable than conventional implants
- 8- The implant is not fully submerged during a narrow implant procedure
- 9- Mini implants are solid though they don’t contain a screw