What are Overdentures?
Overdentures are indicated for patients who desire a more stable prosthesis that improves retention, function and speech. You will get back your confidence as they allow you to eat and speak with comfort without worrying about misplaced dentures and messy glues.
A removable full denture is connected to a bar attachment, which in turn is anchored on two to six implants in the jaw. The implants help keep the denture securely in place and provide better function and comfort. It actually snaps and locks into place. With four to six implants and the connector bar, this option is extremely stable and almost feels like natural teeth.
Overdentures also replace lost gum and bone and can greatly improve facial appearance. Most of the times cost is the reason why this solution is chosen over a fixed bridge.
A fixed bridge is not removable. A removable overdenture has implants under the denture. It is a great solution for someone that already has dentures. Many times it is possible to attach implants to existing dentures.
- 1- Fixed dental implant-supported overdenture: If all your upper or lower teeth are missing, a custom-made denture may be secured using dental implants. The number of implants depends of each patient.
- 2- Removable dental implant-supported overdenture: If all your upper or lower teeth are missing, multiple dental implants may be used to support a denture that can be removed by the patient for cleaning.
- 3- Dental implant-stabilized overdenture: If all your lower teeth are missing, a different option may be to stabilize your removable denture using a small number of implants. This can sometimes be a cost-effective solution.
Benefits of denture stabilization in Mosman Sydney
- 1- Restores proper chewing, allowing a better digestion and improved health
- 2- Improves speech and confidence
- 3- Increases comfort with less irritation of gum tissue
- 4- Ends the cost and inconvenience of denture adhesives
- 5- We can often utilize your existing denture
- 6- It is not an invasive procedure