What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for CERamic REConstruction. It is an in-surgery CADCAM system that can make any laboratory dental restoration in the dentist’s surgery. It is the most advanced dental system in the world and all the long term clinical tests and studies are showing teeth restored with CEREC are lasting as long as teeth restored with gold.
Following this procedure, our denists at Aussie Smile Dentist will no longer need to take impression moulds to make a crown, inlay or veneer, now tooth is simply scanned with a small camera and the crown, inlay or veneer is then perfectly milled out from a block of ceramic. Once milled, the restoration is then seamlessly bonded to the tooth.
There are many advantages to patients whose dentist use CEREC. They do not only get the best restoration for their tooth but the whole process is completed in just one visit to our dentistry in Mosman.
The benefits of CEREC treatment at Aussie Smile Dentist in Mosman
- 1- Long-lasting dental restoration that will look, act and feel like a natural tooth
- 2- No impressions moulds
- 3- Less natural tooth removed so less drilling
- 4- No need for a second visit
- 5- No temporaries to wear
- 6- Ceramic materials so you do not have to deal with metal in your mouth
- 7- Does not cost any more than conventional lab made restorations
If you would like to know more about CEREC, please do not hesitate to ask your dentist when you visit Aussie Smile Dentist next time!